Control and Flexibility
The ADA Members Retirement Program offers a full range of investment options and the ability to conveniently transfer by phone or online amounts between investment options.
Some years are financially different than others. If you opt for the ADA Members Retirement Program Profit Sharing Plan or Owners 401(k) you have the flexibility to determine each year the employer contribution levels.
Even after your plan is set-up and operating, we're always here for you. You should from time to time re-evaluate the framework of your plan to ensure that you are taking advantage of all the parameters approved by the IRS. You may be able to customize our IRS-approved plan document to suit your business's needs, including:
- Revising your plan's participation eligibility requirements.
- Determining your plan's contribution formula for tax benefit purposes.
- Adjusting the vesting formula being applied to any employer contributions being made to your plan.
- Adding various 401(k) options, such as Traditional or Safe Harbor — to your current plan design.
In most cases, we are able to take care of everything you need to convert your existing plan to the ADA Members Retirement Program, including preparation of:
- A new Summary Plan Description (as required by law) for your employees.
- The necessary transfer paperwork for you to sign and deliver to your current plan provider, notifying them of your plan's conversion.
Download our Transfer Guide for more complete details.
For more information on any of the potential plan benefits discussed here please consult with one of our Retirement Program Specialists.